Thursday, July 13, 2006

My AWARD-WINNING Spanish Poem...

**Look for me in the September issue of the Spanish newspaper ContraTiempo**
When You Fly:
A Poem of Paternal Farewell
By: Richie Diesterheft

Oh child of mine, you have to leave me,
and go off on your own.
Outside of the grand nest.
Point your audacious arrow, cupid,
it’s time to pursue your own dream.

When you fly my love, I fly with you.
Your successful fate is in your hand,
don’t let it escape in vane.
Be careful!
Because you’re now your own boss.

When you were born the flora acclaimed.
Your light is what brings each new day,
Your smile offers the world harmony.
I offered you all my blessings.

When you fly my love, I fly with you.
I have fear that you won’t succeed,
but I will not abandon you, never.
When you fly, bring along my heart.

I believe in your infinite options.
You’ll never know everything, my apprentice,
I only want you to be happy.
Forever, I will wait for you on the ground.

When you fly my love, I fly with you.
Never forget about your beloved cradle.
(If you’re homesick, look at this shared moon).
No limits exist, saint of the sky.

The hour of farewell has arrived.
For that reason maintain the habit: pray.
Always remember your many skills…
Be sure that you exercise them.

When you fly my love, I fly with you.
Angel, you were born to fly…
Without you, my world, I know, is going to end.
Allow me to help you with your little wings...

___________________________________________________

Cuando vueles: Un poema de despedida paternal

(Richie Diesterheft)

¡Ay, niño! Ya tienes que dejarme
e irte solo. Fuera del gran nido.
Apunta la saeta audaz, cupido:
es hora de perseguir tu propio sueño.

Cuando vueles, amor, vuelo contigo.
Tu destino exitoso está en tu mano,
no le permitas escapar en vano;
¡Cuídate! Porque ya eres tu propio dueño.

Cuando naciste la flora aclamó:
tu luz es la que trae el nuevo día,
tu sonrisa ofrece al mundo armonía.
Yo te ofrecí toda mi bendición.

Cuando vueles, amor, vuelo contigo.
Tengo miedo que no lo lograrás,
pero no te abandonaré, jamás.
Cuando vueles, lleva mi corazón.

Creo en tus opciones infinitas.
Nunca sabrás todo, mi aprendiz,
solamente quiero que seas feliz
y yo siempre te esperaré en el suelo.

Cuando vueles, amor, vuelo contigo.
Nunca te olvides de tu amada cuna
(si la añoras mira esta misma luna).
No existen límites, patrón del cielo.

Ha llegado la hora de despedida;
por eso mantén el hábito: rezas.
Siempre recuerda tus muchas destrezas,
está seguro que las ejercitas.

Cuando vueles, amor, vuelo contigo.
Ángel, tú naciste para volar…
Sin ti, mi mundo, sé, se va a acabar.
Déjame ayudarte con tus alitas…

[Octava italiana, Endecasílabo, Arte Mayor, XAAB XCCB, Rima consonante]

No comments: